Have you heard of Spokeo.com? You NEED to know about it. Head over there, type your name in and look for yourself.
Did you find yourself? Your address? Your phone number? Age? Value of your house? Your kids names listed? At the click of a button? FOR FREE!!!!
Imagine what people can get when they pay $2.95 or more!? I did and it made me sick. I have no idea what their information source is, but it is dead on.
I’m active on Twitter, I’ve mentioned that before, and I see people that constantly update their twitter and facebook feeds with where they are at. Whether it’s home, the grocery store, a restaurant… and when you click on a link it shows their street, zip code. It shocks me. In fact, I don’t even say the city I live in outloud on twitter.
If you are one of those people on twitter that do this – STOP DOING IT!
Thankfully, Megan of Half-Pint House, tweeted the answer on how to remove it all. Thank goodness!!!!
Here are the steps to making your information disappear:
- Search for yourself and/or child(ren).
- When you find yourself click on your name.
- Copy the URL (up in the top box of your webpage). It will say something like “www.spokeo.com/search?q=YOUR NAME….”. Copy that.
- Now go here: http://www.spokeo.com/privacy
- Paste that URL into the “URL” box.
- Enter your e-mail and type the code shown.
- You will receive an e-mail that you have to click to verify. Do it. Immediately.
Now click that little e-mail button to pass this information to your friends and family.